Home Health Aide
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient’s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
Provide in-home, para-professional services necessary for caring for patients’ personal needs under the direction of the RN.
- Personal Care – Perform and/or assist patient with personal care activities, such as, baths, showers, skin and hair care, and oral hygiene. Assure universal safety precautions and direction on the care plan are followed when providing care. Provide care that meets the patient’s needs.
- Patient Observation – Notify RN of any changes in patient condition in a timely manner and document appropriately.
- Documentation – Record all required information on patient chart completely and accurately. Assure documentation is completed per organization protocol.
- Patient Movement – Assist patient with transfer and ambulating. Perform range of motion exercises. Assure all activities are performed safely and follow the principles of good body mechanics.
- Patient Area Maintenance – Perform general housekeeping of patient’s area and change patient’s bed linens. Assist family with light housekeeping activities, such as dusting, vacuuming, damp mopping, etc.
- Medication Assistance – Assist client with self-administration of oral medication/s. Remind patient when to take medication/s.
- Food Preparation – Prepare simple meals in accordance with dietary instructions and assist patient with eating if necessary.
- Catheter and Colostomy Care – Assist with of foley catheter and colostomy care to ensure proper hygiene. Assist patient with changing colostomy bags. Perform peri care. Measure urine. Assist with ostomy care and assure skin is clean around stoma
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Home Care Experience
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.