Home Care RN, Infusion
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient’s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse includes:
- Rendering professional nursing care to patients in need of Infusion therapy in their home by assessing, developing and implementing and evaluating home nursing care needs.
- Teaches patients and family members to administer IV medications.
- Provide professional one on one nursing care to patients in the comforts of their homes.
- Assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of home nursing care needs on an individual and continuous basis of assigned patients.
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient centered care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care, education and treatment plans.
- Responsible for optimal patient satisfaction and care experience according to the organizations standards.
- Completes documentation and patient records accurately, timely and completely according to organization policies.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients, families and other disciplines.
- Maintain open communication with the supervisor to report all appropriate problems
Qualifications for the Registered Nurse include:
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required
- NJ Driver’s license with an available registered and insured vehicle is required
- Prior Home Care or Hospice experience is preferred
- Chemo Certification (CRNI) is preferred
- One (1) year of Medical/Surgical, Acute Care or Long Term Care experience is preferred
- Must have six (6) or more months of nursing experience is required
- IV Certification, experience with the management of Central Lines is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.