Home Care Registered Nurse
How have you impacted someone's life today? At VHSNJ at Home we take exceptional pride in our work and are passionate about delivering the highest quality of clinical care. By applying innovative services within the comforts of patient's homes, our Registered Nurses deliver advanced clinical care to patients who return to their homes following hospitalization or to those requiring assistance to remain in the comfort and security of their home due to an illness, injury or disability. VHSNJ at Home is changing the way home care is delivered.
*Generous sign-on bonus*
he responsibilities include:
- Hospice RN to Care for terminally ill patients and their families in homes, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.Case Manage for terminally ill patients and their families in homes, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.
- To be primarily an admission nurse, assess and evaluate care needs and assist Hospice Patients and their families with the Hospice admission process.
- Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating care needs of assigned patients in keeping with agency policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Caring for the immediate needs of the the Hospice Patient and their families.
- Developing a plan of care to meet those needs.
- Medication reconciliation and education.
- Communication to the Hospice team all findings and needs.
- Work well with the interdisciplinary team
- Work well with the terminally ill and their self-appointed families
- Medication Management skills
- Flexibility with working with patients and families in creating individualized plans of care to meet patient and family needs.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Six (6) Months or More RN Experience
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license
- BLS and CPR
- IV certification
- PC Experience/Skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- BSN strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of IV nursing experience
- Central Line proficiency (PICC's, Port's)
- Chemotherapy certification strongly preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.