Data Entry And Biller
Responsible for maintaining patient EMR. Process physician orders, discharge summaries, work with leaders to ensure the payroll accuracy in all systems, and provide clerical and phone support. Responsible for processing billing information, including verifying accuracy and data entry into the system, and monitoring accounts receivable. Provide clerical and telephone support.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
- Computer input patient EMR, physician orders and discharge summary.
- Send orders to physicians in a timely manner and track to ensure return of orders. Notify appropriate supervisor if problems occur with obtaining physician orders.
- Review payroll to ensure accuracy and report any discrepancy to leaders.
- Maintain all medical and office supplies. Track inventory and order supplies. Properly maintain all equipment.
- Process and analyze medical/financial data accurately and in a timely manner. Assure that released billing meets regulatory guidelines (signed orders, frequency, etc.).
- Process billing edits/releases and perform billing data entry and review. Run reports on a daily basis and compare against billing data.
- Investigate billing problems and initiate corrections. Follow up to ensure corrections are completed.
- Monitor balance and DSO to ensure acceptable levels per organization benchmark. Research authorizations and adjustments as requested.
- Copy, file and mail documents as requested.
- Answer phone as soon as possible in a courteous manner. Take accurate and complete phone messages and relay to the appropriate person.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associate’s Degree
- Two (2) Years Billing Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Home Care Experience
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.