Clerical Care Coordinator-Full Time-Day
The Clerical Care Coordinator serves as a member of the patient care team comprised of a physician, APN, research nurse and data manager to ensure the clerical aspects of the patients' care is timely and accurate. They will function as a point person to the patient for a defined group of patients.
- Establishes a relationship with a designated group of patients to assure that all matters are communicated and handled efficiently between the medical team and patient.
- Provides expert patient-centered care to both patients and families.
- Streamlines appointments and associated requisitions to expedite approvals for services such as diagnosis and laboratory testing, social services, financial and dietary counseling.
- Evaluates and measure interventions and develops multidisciplinary corrective action plans for poor performance or negative outcomes.
- Serves as a patient contact for clerical matters regarding patient care.
- Functions as a clerical representative to assist the patient in navigating through The Cancer Center.
- Facilitates communication between The Cancer Center and other disciplines throughout the Medical Center.
- Assists with doctor's clinic, reception/medical records as needed.
- Assumes other clerical responsibilities in department as needed.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
- High School diploma and/or equivalency.
- Experience with the coordination of processes to ensure successful outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient typing and computer skill.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Reception experience.
- Oncology experience.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.