Radiology Tech Diagnostic-Urgent Care (Physician Services)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Radiology Tech Diagnotic performs general x-ray procedures consistent with industry standards, regulations and Meridian policy, under the direction of the Physician. and the supervision of the Practice Manager.
*Must be able to work in all Urgent Care offices Brick, Tom River, Jackson, LBI and Forked River locations.
A day in the life of a Radiology Tech Diagnostic at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Explains procedures to patient to inform and alleviate potential anxiety and to minimize need for additional exposure.
- Informs patients of follow up instructions as required.
- All information relayed to patients is clearly and accurately documented in the charts.
- Consistently complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other state/government regulatory standards/ equirements and agencies.
- Refers regularly to the POL Policy Manual.Maintains records or logs as required by regulatory agencies.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Smiles, making patients/visitors feel welcome and important; makes direct eye contact; responds promptly to patients’ needs; monitors radiology schedule or requests and works to ensure full patient satisfaction.
- Reviews chart in advance of patient intake.
- Completes all required documentation according to standards established by the physician, in an accurate, legible and timely manner, and enters the date of service using MM/DD/YYYY format; Signs and dates all charts within a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Maintains radiology equipment by performing scheduled cleanings/tests and documents results.
- Acts quickly and responsibly to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Performs x-rays in a manner that minimize costly errors or need for utilization of additional supplies.
- Ensures that equipment is serviced on time.
- Monitors work area, supply inventory and equipment.
- Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, when supplies are low.
- Assists with unpacking, storing, and/or distribution of supplies upon delivery.
- Promotes patient satisfaction by providing excellent service by interacting in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Communicates potential patient satisfaction issues to the practice manager.
- Keeps informed regarding the practice’s performance on patient satisfaction.
- Develops films of acceptable quality with minimum retakes.
- Completes proper forms and documents findings for physician review.
- Enters all required information into database.
- Prints reports and distributes as per practice policy.
- Obtains required demographic information from patient and verifies insurance coverage prior to initiating procedure.
- Completes pertinent patient history and accurately records data into medical record and/or radiology equipment.
- Verifies the identity of the patient by asking the patient’s full name and date of birth, which should be compared to the physician order.
- Assists the patient on and off the x-ray table as needed and assesses the immediate environment for potential safety concerns.
- Radiology Tech experience preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of radiology.
- Diagnostic Radiography License required
If the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.