Radiology Tech Diagnostic- Urgent Care (Physicans Practice)
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Radiology Technologist Performs general x-ray procedures consistent with industry standards, regulations and Meridian policy, under the direction of the Physician.
*Weekend shift differential available
A day in the life of a Radiology Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Explains procedures to patients to inform and alleviate potential anxiety and to minimize need for additional exposure. Informs patients of follow up instructions as required. All information relayed to patients is clearly and accurately documented in the charts.
- Consistently complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other state/government regulatory standards/ requirements and agencies. Refers regularly to the POL Policy Manual. Maintains records or logs as required by regulatory agencies.
- Customer Service:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Smiles, making patients/visitors feel welcome and important; makes direct eye contact; responds promptly to patients' needs; monitors radiology schedule or requests and works to ensure full patient satisfaction.
- Reviews chart in advance of patient intake.
- Completes all required documentation according to standards established by the physician, in an accurate, legible and timely manner, and enters the date of service using MM/DD/YYYY format;
- Signs and dates all charts within a timely manner.
- Equipment Maintenance:
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Maintains radiology equipment by performing scheduled cleanings/tests and documents results.
- Acts quickly and responsibly to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Financial Responsibilities:
- Performs x-rays in a manner that minimizes costly errors or need for utilization of additional supplies.
- Ensures that equipment is serviced on time.
- Inventory Management:
- Monitors work area, supply inventory and equipment.
- Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, when supplies are low.
- Assists with unpacking, storing, and/or distribution of supplies upon delivery.
- Patient Satisfaction:
- Promotes patient satisfaction by providing excellent service by interacting in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Communicates potential patient satisfaction issues to the practice manager.
- Keeps informed regarding the practice's performance on patient satisfaction.
- Post Scan Procedures:
- Develops films of acceptable quality with minimum retakes.
- Completes proper forms and documents findings for physician review.
- Enters all required information into the database.
- Prints reports and distributes as per practice policy.
- Pre-Procedure Responsibilities:
- Obtains required demographic information from patient and verifies insurance coverage prior to initiating procedure.
- Completes pertinent patient history and accurately records data into medical record and/or radiology equipment.
- Radiology Procedures:
- Verifies the identity of the patient by asking the patient's full name and date of birth, which should be compared to the physician order.
- Assists the patient on and off the x-ray table as needed and assesses the immediate environment for potential safety concerns.
- May be involved in rooming patients including taking vitals and documentation in EPIC. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- BLS certification.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Registered Radiological Technologist License.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certificate.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.