Insurance Verification Specialist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for reviewing each inpatient and observation account to determine if insurance is correct/eligible for services; sending the Notice of Admission if required or determining if an electronic Notice of Admission was sent; receiving the authorization back from the insurance company; advising any necessary departments of requirements/issues and making sure the account is finalized/verified in the appropriate system.
A day in the life of Insurance Verification Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Consistently completes the workflow process.
- Uses the most efficient method to provide a Notice of Admission (NOA) to the payer.
- Uses insurance eligibility systems (i.e. HDX, Passport, websites, etc.) to ensure patient is eligible on the date of service and that responses are in document imaging.
- Telephone calls are answered promptly and courteously using the approved greeting/scripting.
- Voice mail messages are checked and addressed within one hour.
- Accurately interprets requests and resolves all issues promptly.
- Uses a professional tone when responding to all questions/comments.
- If a NOA is denied or pending to appropriately note the account for future follow up.
- Consistently notifies case management if clinicals are requested, supporting documentation is in document imaging.
- All paper documents are scanned or electronically sent into document imaging.
- Familiar with all back-up systems to be utilized.
- Provided with quarterly productivity reports and expected to meet productivity goals related to verifying a specific number of accounts per hour as per management direction.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in Hospital Registration.
- Must be proficient with workflow/work queue systems, SMS/Invision /Epic, Document Imaging, Word, Excel and website applications.
- Must be able to use multiple systems simultaneously.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work remotely if/when needed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Admitting Office knowledge.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.