2022 Incoming Resident - Fellow North, Hackensack and Palisades
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsiblities (varies by department program)
- Provide patient care following the regulations of the New Jersey state licensing board, and relevant hospital.
- Cover in-house call on the days the resident is on call.
- Cover the Operating Room as assigned.
- Cover the clinic, including staying until all patients are seen.
- Perform rounds on in-house patients, assuring continuity by transferring information to other residents and attendings.
- Perform clinical laboratory work, complete charts and patient planning outside of clinic hours, when necessary.
- Engage in community activities supporting the medical center's other programs.
- Attend rotations as assigned.
- Participate in performance improvement activities within the department.
- Attend all lectures and conferences scheduled
- Other duties as assigned.
Call is taken both on and off campus. A beeper is provided only for convenience. The resident must respond within ten (10) minutes when paged. You are not to be more than 20 minutes away. Failure to comply will be considered a breach of contract.
Logs (varies by department program)
- Keep logs of on-call and OR
- Number of patients
- Number of pre-op evaluations in anesthesia rotations.
- Residents must keep a folder.
- The resident will fulfill all duties and responsibilities attendant to patient care.
- Additionally, patient care responsibility may require the resident to function outside the campus for the purpose of screening or home visits.
- The resident must comply with the requirements of the Medical Center and the state of New Jersey required for this position, including but not limited to, obtaining and maintaining requirements for residency permit.
- The resident must apply principles of dentistry to support the general systemic health of our patients.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completion of an MD/DO degree.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.