Social Worker 2, Crisis
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Social Worker 2 is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing social work services to patients and families, as well as coordinating the discharge plan with the nurse case manager, multidisciplinary team and community agencies as necessary. The Social Worker is responsible for rendering profession clinical services to patients, evaluating their psychiatric needs in the ER Crisis Unit.
A day in the life of a Social Worker 2 at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Biopsychosocial assessment and diagnosis of child, adolescent, adult and older adult patients
- Coordination of care with the Emergency Department team and Psychiatry
- Screening for potential discharge needs in an effort to facilitate timely discharge plans
- Performing Initial Case Management Assessment
- Evaluating data gathered for the medical plan of treatment and social service programs
- Performing multidisciplinary rounds
- Reassessing of all patients receiving case management services
- Performing Patient Education
- Maximizing coordination of care
- Counseling Assistance
- Documenting and communicating to coordinate and maximize care
- Reporting data
- Participating in Meetings and Committees
- Current and valid LSW/LCSW/LAC or LPC in the State of New Jersey is required; LCSW is preferred
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field is required
- Two (2) years of experience in an acute care setting is preferred
- Crisis experience is a plus
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.