How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The role of the Nurse Educator is that of a practitioner, educator, leader, researcher, and consultant. As a practitioner, the Nurse Educator demonstrates positive behavior and the ability to perform ongoing clinical assessments of the patient, establishes and implements a plan of care and evaluates the outcome of that care, utilizing the nursing process. As an educator, the Nurse Educator demonstrates behavior which includes assessing the learning needs of all levels of nursing staff, establishes and implements curriculum, and evaluates educational outcomes. As a leader, the Nurse Educator is responsible for ensuring that the mission, vision, and values of the Meridian Health System are integrated with all aspects of the team members training. As a researcher, the Nurse Educator utilizes the research process to promote quality patient care and promotes evidenced based practices related to staff development. This position will be supporting critical care and telemetry unit.
A day in the life of a Nurse Educator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Functioning as an expert clinical nurse resource assisting the healthcare team, patients, and the community
- Acting as a role model by demonstrating current trends and providing professional development opportunities for team members
- Independently developing, implementing, and evaluating an educational plan to meet the needs of team members
- Actively participating in the research process and utilizes the information to further enhance patient care
- Facilitating patient teaching and support programs utilizing the nursing process
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required, MSN preferred
- Five (5) or more years of acute care nursing is required
- One (1) or more years of Nurse Educator experience is preferred
- ACLS is required
- BLS required
- CNOR is preferred
- Maternity experience preferred
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Flexibility to work (4) 9 hour shifts
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.