Radiation Therapy Tech
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
At Southern Ocean Medical Center, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health Family, our team employs a collaborative care model, an approach to treatment that helps patients deal with the range of emotions and increased stress that often comes along with a cancer diagnosis. An expert clinical team, advanced treatment options and a comfortable environment are what set our programs apart from the rest.
A day in the life of a Radiation Therapy Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Comprehending and adhering to the physician’s treatment prescriptions
- Questioning physics and/or physicians of any discrepancies before patient is treated
- Checking all treatment data in the machine against the plan, chart and digital notes to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Explaining the treatment procedure to the patient and ensuring the patient understands all aspects of the treatment
- Making certain that patient safety is a priority, that the patient feels comfortable and that their privacy is respected
- Treating patients professionally and with respect
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Radiology
- ARRT registry in Radiation Therapy is required
- Current NJDEP License is required
- CPR/BLS by American Heart Association is preferred
- Experience as a Radiation Therapy Technologist is required
- One (1) or more years of experience as a Radiation Therapy Technologist is preferred
- Varian true beam experience is highly preferred; new graduates that have Varian true beam training will be considered
- Ability to work independently and exhibit good communication and decision making abilities is important
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.