Nursing Practice Improvement Coordinator - FT Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Assists with the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of nursing practices and clinical programs in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC), TJC Disease-specific certification, Magnet - American Nurses Credentialing Center, National Database for Nursing Quality Indicators, Hospital-acquired conditions, New Jersey Department of Health regulations and the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services standards and regulations.
- This role will consult and mentor Nurse Leaders and Nurse Staff on nursing specific professional practices, ensuring the provision of safe and high-quality care to patients as Ocean and Southern Ocean Medical Center (SOMC).
- Facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to the evaluation of identified problems and/or processes within the Medical Centers using the theories, methods and tools of performance improvement. The purpose of this role is to coordinate and ensure consistency of nursing professional practices across assigned domains in collaboration with Nurse Leadership
- Assists with the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of assigned Nursing Departments practices and performance improvement activities by using internal and external benchmark processes to assess & evaluate.
- Reviewing complaints or issues respective to nursing quality care or practices received from internal/external sources as they relate to nursing quality of care.
- Conducts Performance Improvement Review activities including medical records reviews, focused studies, etc.
- Develops and implements new methodologies to evaluate and improve performance.
- In Partnership with nursing outcomes team, may collects and evaluate patient care data relative to issues, identified trends.
- Routinely explores options to develop process improvement and monitoring activities in response to identified issues, external standards or other anticipated needs.
- Participates and provides professional practice guidance utilizing multiple methods of delivery i.e. direct instruction, coaching, virtual and in person trainings to maximize Performance Improvement and RN professional standards and growth.
- Coordinates the Nursing Department Performance Improvement programs as assigned.
- Meets regularly with Nurse Leaders to review/ revise dashboards and practices to meet the needs of the nursing department and patients.
- Reviews nursing related one links and coordinates with nursing manager/ professional development to assess educational needs and performance opportunities.
- Investigates complaints or issues received from internal/external sources as they relate to nursing quality of care; submits written responses within requested time frames.
- Updates, develops and implements Nursing practice methodologies to ensure high quality of care
- Assesses relevant and applicable nursing practices, data and outcomes relative to NDNQI, Falls prevention, Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Restraints. This includes analysis and presentation of data to local and network level work groups and committees
- Works collaboratively with applicable team members and departments (Wound Care, Quality, Infection Prevention, Stroke Coordinator, etc.) to assist with nursing practice assessment, data collection, and presentation of outcomes.
- Maintains a current understanding of the theories, methods and tools of performance improvement, including statistical process control techniques.
- Facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to the evaluation of identified problems and/or improvement of processes within the Nursing Department using the theories, methods and tools of performance improvement.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary internal work groups to make positive changes with measurable outcomes and effectively communicates findings.
- Applies theories of Performance Improvement, including statistical process control techniques to all performance improvement activities.
- Participates in external/internal agency survey activities related to the nursing care.
- Facilitate Nursing PI Committee and provide summary update to appropriate committees and assists with ongoing Magnet readiness.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior. May be tasked with other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
- BSN required, MSN preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of acute care experience or relevant nursing experience
- National Certification preferred
- Quality improvement experience preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.