Radiation Oncology department is seeking a F/T Nurse Practitioner. Great opportunity to learn oncology in a stable practice. Efficient with strong attention to detail and ability to build good rapport with patients, physicians and staff. This position will be responsible for coordinating health care for radiation treatment patients. The NP provides the highest quality of medical care to patients, provides emotional support and education to patients and families, provides clinical support and training to medical assistants and other staff, and supports all radiation oncologists and their patients.
- Provides health care in collaboration with physicians and other practices
- Maintains case histories, medical reports and other records in a timely manner
- Conducts On Treatment Visits and routine follow-up appointments
- Addresses Triage calls from patients
- Coordinates multidisciplinary care of concurrent chemo patients and participates in rounds
- Performs patient education and counseling, including chart documentation
Peer to Peer calls for insurance authorization
- Licensed as Registered Nurse (RN) in the New Jersey
- A clinical Masters Degree from an accredited program
- 2 years clinical experience in direct patient care, preferred
- Valid DEA, preferred
- Current CPR/BLS certification
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
If you're interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this from and I will get back in touch with you.