Lab Site Manager - General Lab - Full Time with Benefits
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Lab Site manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Day to day operations of the Ocean Medical Center Laboratory
- Scheduling, regulatory compliance, continuous quality improvement, daily QC review, directing work and appraising work
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep abreast of the latest trends in hospital/department/ administration service Supports the Patient Experience initiatives for the Medical Center
- Designs and implements programs/activities that positively impact customer satisfaction (physicians, employees, and patients)
- Ensures staff schedule is designed within the financial framework of the budget.
- Investigates and resolves all technical problems which occur within the departments.
- Ensures adequate resources are assigned/ reassigned to sections to meet demands of volume and patient care needs on daily basis.
- Responsible for developing annual revenue, expense and capital budgets.
- Consistently maintains current Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manuals and updates as necessary as mandated by all required regulatory agencies.
- Ensures staff produces accurate patient results, recognizes deviation and able to evaluate findings and solve problems relating to equipment, specimen handling or interfering substances.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and reagents necessary to meet optimal patient testing needs Manages the performance of the Laboratory Supervisors.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies including JCAHO, NJ State and College of American Pathologists Responsible to ensure policy and procedures are implemented and that staff is consistently compliant with their content.
- Guarantees the minimum turnaround time is met to achieve results in accordance with hospital policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Medical Technology/ Biological Sciences) required
- Master’s Degree Preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years lab experience preferred
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated progressive leadership experience is required
- Certification as an MT(ASCP)or specialist (ASCP) preferred.
- Proven success with laboratory management
- Proven success with regulatory compliance in working with regulatory agencies is required
- Strong leadership abilities
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities or critical situations
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.