Director of Facilities, SOMC and OMC
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Manages and directs all aspects of the Plant Operations Department, through one manager and 2 lead technicians to insure a safe well maintained facility where staff of both Ocean and Southern Ocean Medical Centers can perform their duties and provide safe reliable patient care
A day in the life of a Director of Facilites for SOMC/OMC at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manages and directs the personnel of ten all functional shops, in a three shift operation, through 1 manager and 2 lead technicians, to ensure the physical facilities are well maintained, provide a safe and secure atmosphere for conduct of patient care and to be fully prepared to meet the requirements of the numerous regulatory agencies that have oversight of the medical center
- Annually develops and presents, with input from team members, an operational budget that provides sufficient financial and personnel resources to maintain the facility in an appropriate manner
- Annually develops and presents, with input from team members, a capital budget that provides for replacement and updating of worn and outdated facility components and the addition of new components that are required to stay current with industry standards
- Controls and monitors department expenditures through periodic reviews of financial and manpower reports
- Develops short and long term internal project list in conjunction with the Department Supervisors
- Suggests large scale projects for improvement of the facility and the services provided
- Monitors, in conjunction with the Department Supervisors, those internal projects which are being accomplished through in-house personnel or through contracts with outside contractors
- Insures Annual Employee Reviews/Evaluations are accomplished by the appropriate individuals within the required timeframe
- Participates in the interview process for the selection of new or replacement employees. Makes ultimate decision if a consensus cannot be reached
- Ensures and manages the competitive bidding process for service contracts, construction, and maintenance projects
- Insures periodic reviews are conducted, through Supervisors and office staff, of Preventive, Corrective and Routine Repair work orders to minimize backlog of work and insure proper prioritization
- Keeps informed on developments and trends inside and outside the organization which relates to the assigned function. Serves as a resource to all departments for information related to his particular specialty. Participates in and contributes to, management and professional committees and other special projects and groups
- Ensures Departmental Policies and Procedures are kept current and reviewed and/or revised completely a minimum of every three years
- Provides liaison with appropriate federal, state, local and other regulatory agencies to insure hospital is in full compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with the Materials Management Department for purchase of parts and supplies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in management of a large maintenance department required
- Minimum of five years of experience in managing operations and maintenance in a complex facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.