Diagnostic Imaging / Administrative Support
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our X Ray Technologists are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. The X Ray Technologist is responsible for diagnostic procedures under the guidance of the Radiologist both within the department, in the Emergency Room and in portable locations. Our complete spectrum of Radiology services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Imaging services at Southern Ocean Medical Center feature a distinguished staff of board-certified radiologists, sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment and the Picture Archiving Communication System. Outpatient imaging services are available at Health Village Imaging, The Women’s Imaging Center at Southern Ocean Medical Center and the Southern Ocean Centers for Health in Little Egg Harbor and Forked River.
A day in the life of a Diagnostic Imaging Aide at Hackensack Meridian includes
- Assisting in all types of patient and Ordering Physician communications prior to, during and post procedure
- Supporting the Technical staff in the transportation, preparation and all non-technical responsibilities to create a smooth and efficient patient care environment
- Assists in the entering and receiving all data from all computer systems to include PACS, RIS and all other hospital computer systems
- Answering the phones and communicating clearly when receiving information from other physicians and/or guests
- Greeting patients and families
- Safeguarding sensitive medical information and practicing strict procedures in handling confidentiality of data pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors
- Acquiring, downloading and retrieving all prior exams and or reports as needed
- Creating hard copy images for patients either on disk or film along with paper reports
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Completion of a Medical Terminology Course is preferred
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and customer service skills required
- Order entry skills are preferred
- Previous experience as a DIA in a hospital or Outpatient setting is preferred
- Experience in Imaging Department also preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficiency with medical vocabulary and general understanding of hospital policy & procedures
- You must enjoy working with patients and their families, and be both flexible and adaptable in adjusting to changes in patient population and volume
- The ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times is critical
- Suitable candidates will need to be able to work in an extremely busy environment where multitasking is common place. Additional skills should include the ability to handle a steady stream of phone calls, the routing of these calls all while maintaining consistent and professional phone etiquette.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.