Clinical Therapist - Crisis Unit - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Therapist II is responsible for rendering professional clinical services to patients and evaluating their psychiatric needs in the ER Crisis Unit. This includes providing Biopsychosocial assessments for children, adolescents and adults with behavioral health and/or substance use disorders, both in crisis unit and in ED.
A day in the life of a Clinical Therapist II at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Providing the patient with assessment/evaluation in a very busy ER Crisis Unit
- Gathering collateral information from the patient’s provider and family
- Working in collaboration with the ER physician and the psychiatrist and nurse to formulate discharge or hospitalization
- Working closely with community agencies and hospitals to receive information and process discharge and transfer plans for psychiatric patients
- New Jersey LSW, LCSW, LAC or LPC is required
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychological Counseling is required
- Two (2) years of experience working in a hospital-based mental health position is preferred
- CPR certification is preferred
- Crisis experience is a plus
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.