Physical Therapist PD
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver patient-centered physical rehabilitation services to patients, Physical Therapist restores patient's function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy. Complies with all state/federal and facility guidelines.
1. Complete assessment and evaluation of patient¿s impairments and deficits. Creates treatment plan and goals to address these impairments and deficits with consideration and assessment, medical status, prior level of function and discharge environment. The treatment plan and goals are monitored on daily basis and changes made accordingly.
2. Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
3. Demonstrates and implements appropriate treatment techniques and skills with patients, based on patient¿s needs.
4. Supervises, communicates, and collaborates with the Physical Therapy Assistants to develop and implement a plan of care while complying with state regulations to complete and co-sign all documentation.
5. Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
6. Educates patient and caregivers on recommendations for continues therapy services, equipment for home use, and home exercise.
7. Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner for evaluation, discharges, daily notes and re-evaluations according to department and state policies.
8. Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs.
9. Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the development or administration of patient care.
10. Records, reports, and interprets patient responses to treatment and care to appropriate members of the inter-disciplinary team.
11. Demonstrate team approach to problem solving through frequent communication and collaboration on complex issues to provide appropriate care.
12. Ensures operation of equipment by using equipment consistent with equipment specifications; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; and calling for repairs.
13. Participates and represents Harborage and PT staff on committees, as requested by supervisors.
14. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge in assessing the need for durable medical equipment for patients. Follows through with appropriate professionals to ensure proper fitting and educates patient on proper usage.
15. Demonstrates appropriate judgment in ordering and measuring for prosthetic/orthotic device. Assesses the fit and function for the device and the need for adjustments.
16. Maintains professional competence and keeps current with Physical Therapy trends through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
17. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
18. Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, physicians, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
19. Assists with new Team Member orientation and provide key experiences to prepare Team Member for independent performance of essential job functions. Problems are reported to designated Supervisor promptly.
20. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
21. Incorporates modalities in treatment plans based on patients needs. Administers modalities within guidelines and as appropriate.
22. Supervises, educates, and guides physical therapy students. Complies with all laws regarding physical therapy students.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Completion of an accredited Physical Therapy program
2. Current with all Continuing Education (CE) requirements
3. Perform clinical care professionally
4. Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
5. Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles
6. Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
2. Long-term care facility experience
3. Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
4. Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Licenses and Certifications Required: 1. Physical Therapist License.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.