MDS Supervisor Registered Nurse at Nursing and Rehab in Shrewsbury
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the resident assessment, including the implementation of RAP’s and Triggers.
- Maintains accurate working logs, to ensure timely completion of all MDSs.
- Shares learned information to help maintain and periodically update procedures that govern the development, use and implementations of the resident assessment (MDS) and care plan.
- Reviews specific policies and procedures in the nursing manual that relate to the assessment process; and updates as necessary.
- Evaluate and implement recommendations from established committees as they may pertain to the assessment and/or care plan functions of the facility.
- Implement recommendations as directed.
- Participates in survey inspections made by authorized agencies. Is available and actively participates in all State, Federal and Joint Commission surveys.
- Provide written and/or oral reports of the resident assessment/care plan functions as requested or directed by committees or DON. Reports all updated information to the clinical round team
- Provide written and/or oral reports of the resident assessment/care plan functions as requested or directed by committees or DON. Reports all updated information to the clinical round team.
- Attends and participates in the Utilization Review Committee.
- Completes plan of corrections for any deficiencies noted on internal or external audits.
- Conducts or coordinates the interviewing process of each resident for the resident’s assessment. Monitors admissions, sets dates and ensures completion of all MDS.
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that include assessment skills or techniques needed to complete the assessment functions of the facility. Trains new employees as necessary. Participates in the orientation program.
- Ensures that an initial resident assessment is completed within fourteen days of the resident’s admission. Ensure that quarterly and annual resident assessments and care plan reviews are made on a timely basis. Maintain accurate tickler file.
- Ensures that each portion of the assessment is signed and dated by the person completing that portion of the MDS. Performs concurrent audits of all MDS being completed.
- Ensures that all MDSs are transmitted in accordance with state guidelines. Transmits completed assessments and keeps accurate documentation of same.
- Ensures that time frames for Medicare assessments are met and information is given to Business Office for timely billing. Maintains accurate records and communicate with Business Office Manager at least weekly.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills. Holds monthly communication meetings with department staff. Plans, schedules, and maintains logs for all meetings. Shares information with Administrator in a timely manner.
- Possess as a minimum, a Nursing Degree/Diploma from an accredited college, university or approved school of nursing.
- Current active NJ license as Registered Professional Nurse
- Must have a minimum of two years as a supervisor in LTC.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.