Maintenance Technician at Nursing and Rehab in Shrewsbury
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A day in the life of a Maintenance Tech Utility Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors.
- Performs documentation requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. and submitting same to supervisor as required.
- All logs, invoices and reports will be done on correct forms.
- Inspect and repair electrical items.
- All electrical items assigned will be in good working order.
- Inspect and repair all facility and residential furniture.
- All furniture will be inspected as per policy.
- Repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Inspect and repair plumbing fixtures.
- All plumbing fixtures will be in good repair.
- All fixtures will be fixed on the same day as they are logged in the maintenance book. Performs all related tasks as assigned by supervisor such as plant and ground maintenance, emergency systems, HVAC.
- Inspect, repair, replace all damaged ceiling tiles, light bulbs, etc.
- All ceiling tiles will be in good conditions.
- All lights bulbs will be functional.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system of inventory and labeling of resident equipment, major components, parts, etc.
- Correctly identifies and labels all resident equipment.
- Handles special projects and rush assignments as needed, in a timely manner.
- Responds to any internal or external disaster as required.
- Arrives to all fire, snow and/or all other emergencies within an acceptable timeframe. Identifies anything that could negatively affect the safety and well being of the facility and makes corrections
- Assist in the transfer of resident furniture and belongings for room changes.
- Careful in moving of resident belongings.
- Maintains all equipment and work areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Does not leave any equipment/tools unsupervised in resident care areas.
- Consistently maintains a clean, neat and safe environment.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have minimum 1 year experience in performing installation, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment.
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.