Director Of Recreation at Nursing and Rehab in Shrewsbury
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Recreation Director provides an ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with a comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and physcosocial well-being of each resident.
A day in the life of a Director of Recreation at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Assesses resident needs and develops resident activity goals for the care plan.
- Encourages resident participation in activities and documents outcomes.
- Reviews goals and progress notes.
- Provides a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents including but not limited to group social activities, indoor and outdoor activities, community activities, and spiritual programs.
- Creates activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama and educational programs.
- Coordinates the activities program with other departments in the facility.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers.
- Properly documents MDS.
- Participates with administrator in developing a budget.
- Fosters family and community support for the activity program.
- Contributes to facility efforts to maintain and improve quality of care through participation in care plan meetings.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Education: Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent and satisfactory completion of a training course for activity directors approved by the Department of Health & Human Services. Preferred: College degree in Recreation, Music, or Art Therapy and/or related experience.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with other staff.
- Effective communication with other staff, medical personnel, residents and their family/significant others, visitors and outside agencies and referral services.
- Familiarity with CMS (Medicare System)
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Casework and group experience
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.