Director of Admissions and Marketing at Shrewsbury
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the facility Administrator, the Director of Admissions is responsible for maximizing the facility’s census through interaction with referral sources and providing information necessary for appropriate admission selection.
A day in the life of a Director of Admissions & Marketing, at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Serves as point person between the facility and referral source for incoming referrals.
2. Attains or exceeds budgeted census and quality mix daily.
3. Coordinates all admissions with the facility team and ensures all admissions are approved by nursing and coordinated with other disciplines.
4. Informs appropriate departments of special requirements needed to ensure resident safety and satisfaction.
5. Ensures pre-admission room checks with nursing, maintenance and environmental service.
6. Informs appropriate staff of incoming resident care requirements, pre-admissions needs, and other data.
7. Follows the admission process and completes all admissions documentation accurately and timely to meet state and federal regulations.
8. Accurately completes all daily and monthly census/admissions reports.
9. Tracks and manages bed availability and completes daily reporting.
10. Works closely with the nursing staff, maintenance and facility team to offer as many available beds as possible on a daily basis.
11. Responds promptly and accurately to all incoming referrals to accept the patient for admission as quickly as possible, which positively impacts census growth.
12. Ensures all resident Face Sheets are completed timely as per policy and procedure.
13. Completes information requested by Regional Director of Marketing and Admissions.
14. Steward the culture by demonstrating and role modeling leadership behaviors.
15. Additional duties as required
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
2. 2-4 years Admissions experience
3. Strong communication and analytical skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
1. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.