Care Manager, RN
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Assist the Director of Nursing in providing direction and supervision to nursing staff to ensure quality resident care is given on assigned unit. Ensures all federal/state regulations for documentation and resident care are met. Monitors staff to ensure all facility policies and procedures are followed. Acts as a liaison between resident, families, other departments, and outside services to meet resident needs.
A day in the life of a Care Manager Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Collaborates with IDCP team in developing a plan of care for residents.
- Meets with residents and family members as per state/federal guidelines.
- Documentation is completed and meets all state/federal regulations.
- Assists Social Work with discharge planning as it relates to plan of care.
- Participates in Performance Improvement meetings.
- PI rounds/projects are done monthly and all issues are identified with plans of action.
- Prepares monthly PI reports.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, etc.
Accountable for 24-hour resident care provided on assigned unit.
- Makes rounds on off-shifts monthly. Meets with off-shift staff
- Completes appropriate section of MDS and inputs information into the computer accurately and timely.
- Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors.
- Follows the Meridian Way and Rules of Service to ensure satisfaction.
- Ensures all required documentation is completed as per state/federal guidelines.
- Documentation is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Completes chart audits to ensure compliance as directed by supervisor.
- Reviews physician orders, care plans and CNA assignments.
- Reviews all documentation following new admissions to the unit.
- 4 years/ Bachelors degree required
- Graduated from an accredited school of Nursing is required
- Experience working in a geriatric setting is strongly preferred
- RN license valid in the state of New Jersey is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.