Radiology Tech Diagnostic - Urgent Care (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Radiology Technologist performs general x-ray procedures consistent with industry standards, regulations and Meridian policy, under the direction of the Physician and the supervision of the Practice Manager.
***Please Note: This is a day position but also requires some evenings and weekend hours (rotated responsibility). This position is required to perform Medical Assistant responsibilities.
A day in the life a Radiology Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- The primary role of the Radiologic Technologist is to use proper exposure values to obtain quality images
- Uses proper ID to include patient demographics.
- Verifies name and properly identifies patient prior to procedure being performed.
- Uses 2 ID's to ensure compliance with national patient safety goals.
- Technologist properly mark all images, collimate, use lead shields, wear film badge and follow rules of ALARA.
- Technologist reads, understands, and accurately implements physician/provider prescriptions and orders.
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs including manual blood pressure and weight; assists physician with procedures; provides patient instructions per physician's order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
- Appropriately uses equipment.
- Practices appropriate care "utilization of equipment", contacts service vendors as needed and reports all needed repairs to supervisor.
- Ensures the patient image and paperwork are properly recorded.
- Prepares room, equipment, and materials needed for examinations, positioning aids for patient comfort and security, and protective shields and apparel.
- Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities
- Pro-actively reviews chart (either paper or EMR) in advance of patient intake
- Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible, and timely manner.
- Pro-actively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information.
- Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the practice and care/follow up instructions.
- Responsible for the preparation of examination rooms.
- Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials, and equipment.
- Pro-actively monitors required stock lever per practice protocol, and anticipates unique supply needs
- Graduate of an accredited radiology program
- Minimum 1 year experience in Radiography field
- New Jersey State X ray licensure
- BLS/CPR Certified
- Ability to perform testing and age related competencies for all age groups
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.