Research Assistant II Pd
This position supports data collection and bundle building efforts within HMH’s Bundled Care Project. This position reports to the Director of Bundled Care Services.
This position also involves working remotely, working onsite at individual HMH hospitals, and working at physician offices in order to gain access to clinical personnel and records. Position will not interact with patients. Travel required to different locations is periodic (but normally not within the same day). Current HMH Care Transformation Services involved in bundled health care include oncology, cardiovascular, orthopedics, behavioral health and neurology. Ultimately, additional CTSs will be added to the project.
- Abstracting medical data from electronic and paper medical records,
- Collecting information related to the delivery of health care from clinical staff members through group interactions,
- Correlating, assembling and manipulating information onto spreadsheets and into an electronic collection tool.
- Planning of meetings and preparing agendas.
- Leading meetings effectively and efficiently.
- Engaging clinical staffs in a professional manner.
- Changing between competing priorities and tasks quickly and efficiently
- Meet identified departmental goals assigned.
- Actively participate and contribute to the success of the department and to each of the CTSs supported.
- Complete project tasks accurately and within time constraints.
- Utilizes the applicable IT systems and reviews information for deficiencies, resolve discrepancies
- Maintains data entry requirements and follows policies and procedures, reporting needed changes
- Maintains customer confidentiality and protects PHI
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing tasks according to required timelines.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Sciences/Health Sciences
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Prior experience working as a Scribe, within electronic medical records or doing medical research is preferred
- Experience working as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner is preferred
- Graduate Level degree preferred
- Advanced Excel skills are preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.