How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through integrated drug distribution and clinical services ensuring the safe and effective utilization of medications. Pharmacists are actively engaged in medication management in coordination with physicians and the interdisciplinary team and exhibit a high degree of ownership and accountability for the medication-use process.
A day in the life of a Pharmacist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Monitors drug therapy to evaluate appropriateness of use, dose, dosage form, regimen, route, therapeutic duplication, and drug interaction
- Concurrently monitors use of drugs for compliance with prescribing criteria, guidelines and protocols.
- Detects, monitors, documents, and reports adverse drug reactions and medication errors.
- Promotes the use of the formulary by converting non-formulary orders to formulary when possible. Coordinates procurement of nonformulary drugs when necessary.
- Performs medication histories, medication reconciliations and discharge counseling as required.
- Maintains and updates a patient profile with demographics, diagnosis, allergies, and current medications.
- Discusses medication order clarifications with the prescriber, document any pharmacy records, and inform others of medication order changes.
- Checks unit dose non-Pyxis medication batch for accuracy.
- Review medication orders for appropriateness and checks all doses of IV admixtures and unit dose medications prepared by technicians
- Identifies and acts upon cost avoidance in drug therapy by promoting more cost effective regimens, drugs, and by reducing waste.
- Documents clinical interventions and cost avoidance as part of the Departmental documentation program.
- Ensures proper technique and accurate preparation of all pharmaceutical products, including oral, IV admixtures, chemotherapeutic, and investigational agents.
- Ensures the timely and accurate dispensing of drugs and solutions from the pharmacy area.
- Responsible for the accurate filling and dispensing of drugs and solutions from the pharmacy area
- Provides drug information to health care professionals and to patients.
- Reviews physician orders for possible therapeutic problems, contraindications, interactions, allergies, and formulary status of the drug.
- Provides computer order entry for IVs and other computer entry as needed.
- Ensures compliance with controlled substance distribution and control system.
- Is able to practice in a variety of areas within the pharmacy as required by workload
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy or a Pharm D. strongly preferred
- MUST be a NJ Licensed Pharmacist
- Minimum (1) year Pharmacist experience preferred
- Hospital based experience preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.