Patient Transport Aide Pd
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
Patient Transport Aide is responsible for performing physical transportation and movement of patients to and from various units, rooms and Imaging modalities.
A day in the life of a Patient Transport Aide at Meridian includes:
- Transporting patients safely throughout the hospital
- Transporters must identify patients to make sure they're taking the right patient for the right test, and keep nursing personnel updated on their patient's identification.
- Patient transporters must clean and disinfect equipment and setup equipment.
- Extending from the special Imaging Services relationship here at OMC, our transporters provide lifting help to the technologists, answer phones when a secretary is not available, and often work as an extension of the department providing additional support to the techs whenever needed.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) strongly preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Heavy pulling, pushing and lifting are required (50lbs or more).
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, alternating weekends and holidays
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.