The Operations Analyst functions as a support to the hospital administrative team by assisting with patient care and operational initiatives. Coordinates and drives special projects as assigned to improve and impact the patient experience, meet regulatory requirements or operational projects and initiatives. Manages activities, analyzes statistics, performs research and writes reports. Acts as a liaison with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management.
1. Creates reports and provides data that convey the daily logistics for the operations departments, including food and nutrition, office of experience, and environmental services and patient transport.
2. Ensures patient satisfaction by performing rounds to ensure an efficient safe environment for patients and visitors and maximizing flow.
3. Creates an efficient work environment by fostering strong communication and collaboration across the hospital. Promotes and ensures patients and visitors have a positive experience.
4. Researches new programs in the market and/or best practices in the healthcare field.
5. Acts as project manager to coordinate logistics and compliance from all departments as it relates to new network initiatives or hospital-based programs.
6. Manages network, site specific or operation specific projects. Assists VP of Operations with the administrative oversight of capital projects.
7. Functions independently managing projects throughout the project life cycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery.
8. Tracks project progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators, and prepares reports to senior management.
9. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
10. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Must have a Bachelor's Degree
2. Minimum of 3 years' experience in hospital operations or business.
3. Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
4. Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style.
6. Excels at operating in a fast pace, flexible environment, ability to multi-task and be results driven.
7. Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
8. Proven problem solving and organizational skills.
9. Project scheduling skills and project management skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.