Operating Room Business Manager
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the overall business operations of the Surgical Services Departments including the Operating Room and perioperative services, SPD and the Ambulatory Care Center of Riverview Medical Center.
Responsible for information and fiscal management including data analysis and utilization, fiscal forecasting and day to day management of business operations and scheduling. Responsible for developing and managing the budget for assigned areas, including monitoring and analyzing key financial indicators and performance metrics. This includes modifying business activities as needed in response to changing financial situations.
- Analyzes and supports IT needs of department.: Analyzes needs of the department and provides ongoing support to maintain/enhance Information System(s). Acts as the liaison to Information Systems Department. Formulates plans outlining steps required to develop, maintain or enhance system(s).
- Collaborates with support services to determine data sets required for both short- and long-term decision-making
- Ensures the appropriateness of expenditures and all contract agreements.: Provides on-going interpretation of financial and clinical data for service and medical staff to facilitate understanding the impact of their clinical/service practice to the financial goals of the organization.
- Provides on-going interpretation of financial and clinical data for service and medical staff to facilitate understanding the impact of their clinical/service practice to the financial goals of the organization.
- Reports trends in data which reflect systems issues.: Prepare complex independent analytical studies and projects and advise senior leadership regarding finances, reports and other business activities.
- Data Management and Analytics: Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested. Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate.
- Completion of monthly and time sensitive reports/business plans outlining unit performance to target, budget and to report on and support initiatives, projected goals and objectives
- Financial Management: Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas. Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations. Establish an annual operating capital budget consistent with the organization’s financial goals, and predictability of costs for patient aggregates. Understands the pricing and reimbursement of cases and utilizes this information to develop a plan that maximizes profitability.
- Analyze specific data to identify clinical demographic service/program/market opportunities.
- People Management: Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement. Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals. Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Acts as a role model for staff on responsiveness to customer satisfaction issues, routinely meeting and exceeding expectations; resolves difficult or challenging situations in an innovative manner; consistently plans ahead to decrease inconveniences. Sets clear goals and expectations for patient experience within the team. Shares feedback and satisfaction metrics information. Provides resources necessary to experience goals.
- Demonstrates a high degree of sensitivity for privacy and confidentiality.
- Provides line management for the Scheduling Office. Establishes appropriate management coaching relationship.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Complete all other assigned duties, responsibilities and projects in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Materials Mgmt., or Hospital Administration required,
- Data analysis and reporting experience, management of financial reports and budgeting
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Master’s Degree in business preferred. OR Office Management or clinical experience in the surgery field desired.
- Computer system experience EPIC, PeopleSoft and complex systems.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.