How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of an OB Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service.
- Working as Scrub technician in the Maternity OR for OB cases.
- Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment and critical actions
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status and rendered care.
- Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities
- Participating in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patient’s plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement[PI] activities
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- BLS/CPR certification is required
- Applicant must be a certified surgical technician, or certified OB Tech
- Previous or Active OB Technician work experiences in the Acute Care Setting is desired
- Scrub Technician work experiences in the Acute Care Setting is preferred
- One year of hospital PCT experience highly preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.