Nurse Manager Assistant - Operating Room - F/T Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Nurse Manager Assistant is responsible for the delivery of clinical services. Manages clinical and support staff. Responsible and accountable for daily operations to achieve best practice and organizational objectives. The Nurse Manager Assistant is responsible for implementation of the strategic plan and standards of care and practice in accordance with regulatory requirements within the inpatient medical- surgical telemetry unit. S/He develops, coordinates, integrates and oversees inter-disciplinary programs, monitors performance standards and existing practices and designs new systems to improve organizational performance and staff competence.
S/He is responsible for demonstrating leadership, providing staff development, ensuring competence and collaborating with Medical Staff and Senior Management to deliver high quality, cost-effective care across the continuum. He/she is responsible for the daily operations of the medical- surgical inpatient telemetry unit with a focus on caring for cardiac and dialysis patients. S/He will have strong knowledge of performance improvement, manage and coordinate the activities of the Nursing Team to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with established standards and regulatory requirements.
The Nurse Manager Assistant will be a supportive nurse management resource to the nursing department. S/He will work with the nurse leadership team to create and support the goals of the organization.
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing required; MSN preferred
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
- ACLS required
- Nationally certified in specialty highly preferred. Will be required to obtain national certification within nine (9) to twelve (12) months
- Demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 2 years of nursing experience
- Prior assistant manager or supervisor experience highly preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.