Mgr, Gift Shop & Vol Prgm RMC
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This position is responsible for all planning, organizing and coordinating of the Gift Shop at RMC. The Manager Gift Shop & Volunteer Program RMC, must manage all aspects of the shop as though it was an independent store. Including, sourcing new products, ordering and inventory management, staffing plans, monthly and annual finances, and regulatory requirements with state of NJ lottery licensing. As a result of selecting products to market and recommending pricing and promotions, directly impacts profit/loss of HMH. In addition, this position is responsible for the oversight of the adult and junior volunteer programs at RMC. Responsibilities include hiring, staffing and scheduling as well as ensuring that regulatory compliance is maintained.
1. Impacts the HMH profit/loss by selecting products to market and establish price points.
2. Impacts the HMH profit/loss by initiating promotions, selective price markdowns and meeting seasonal and customer demands.
3. Manages all aspects of budget management
4. Manages numerous vendors and all vendor interactions.
5. Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and safety standards. All postings are completed within one to three days of receipt. All are completed by month end.
6. Ensures volunteers are scheduled throughout medical center as assigned.
7. Provides orientation programs for adult and junior volunteers and assists with medical explorers programs quarterly.
8. Is compliant for all local and state regulations.
9. Participates as an active member of the Care to Give Council.
10. Provides essential direction to staff and volunteers in the department. Establishes and practices clear protocol and processes to allow the staff and volunteers to function effectively.
11. Coordinates and hosts the volunteer holiday and recognition celebrations.
12. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
13. Adheres to HMHÂ¿s Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
14. Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 2 hours a day
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school degree, GED or equivalent
2. 5 years experience in retail management or running a small business
3. Excel, Word
4. Experience administering budgets
5. Ordering and inventory control
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.