Manager Medical Staff Services
The Mgr, Medical Staff Services provides direction and leadership in all areas of Medical Staff services support and the credentialing process. Assists Medical Staff Leadership in development, implementation and adherence to Medical Staff organization governing structure and documents, as well as adherence to accrediting body and state/federal regulatory requirements.
- Manages appropriate and timely assessment of appointments and reappointment to the Medical Staff,delineation of clinical privileges and associated credentialing functions. Works closely with Medical Staff. Assures accuracy of appointment and reappointment documentation.
- Assists Medical Staff Leadership in development, implementation and adherence to Medical Staff organization governing structure and documents, as well as adherence to accrediting body and state/federal regulatory requirements.
- Maintains integrity of systemwide computer-based physician information system, communicates with tech support, MHS Information Systems Dept. and Medical Staff users as necessary. Effectively manages projects and personnel in systems development.
- Develops and implements annual goals in accordance with the goals of the organization and in accordance with regulatory and licensing entities as they relate to the credentialing and privileging process.
- Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures related to the daily operations of the department as monitored by supervisor.
- Supervises staff to ensure that they are performing job duties accurately and in accordance with the time lines established by departmental policy and medical staff bylaws/policy as monitored by supervisor.
- Organizes and maintains medical staff credentials files as evidenced by survey results, documentation, supervisor observation.
- Holds staff meetings to review and resolve problems, provide information, identify opportunities for improvement and develop any necessary action plan for problem resolution as monitored by supervisor and documentation.
- Develops capital and operating budget for Credentials Department; meets budgetary guidelines as monitored by monthly financial reports.
- Maintains on-going relationship with credentialing software representatives, implements software updates and makes recommendations regarding updates needed to ensure efficiency and compliance with privileging processes.
- Develops and uses query function of credentialing software to produce reports as requested by internal and external customers.
- Ensures credentialing and privileging processes and documents meet regulatory standards and the needs of the organization.
- Revises delineation of privilege forms to conform with the revised Joint Commission standards of criteria-based core competency privileging compliance with privileging process as monitored by supervisor.
- Revises and maintains forms used in the appointment, reappointment and provisional period in accordance with regulatory requirements as monitored through document review.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of standards and regulations and makes recommendations needed to the medical staff policies, bylaws and/or the privileging process in order to ensure compliance as monitored.
- Establishes process for ensuring that physician profiles and any other information relating to competency and behavior to are submitted to the Department Chairs at the time of reappointment as evidenced by feedback from the Chairs.
- Attends Credentials Committee meetings and prepares agenda and credentials files needed for committee review. Prepares minutes of Credentials Committee in a timely manner. Submits Credentials Committee report to Medical Council monthly.
- Attends Medical Executive Committee meetings and prepares agenda and files needed for committee review. Prepares minutes of Medical Executive Committee in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the semi- Annual Medical Staff meeting, as requested by the AVP Medical Administration.
- Oversees the Medical Staff finances. Ensures the medical staff invoices are sent in accordance with the medical staff bylaws with follow-up as outlined in the bylaws.
- Monitor medical staff Medical Directorships with process outlined by CMO and Corporate Compliance.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 3 years managerial or equivalent experience is required.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience directing the credentialing process for a similar sized organization (approximately 50 candidates per month).
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff NAMSS (National Association Medical Staff Services) Certification.
- Demonstrated skills in balancing the needs of the organization with the need to properly serve and onboard physicians.
- Understanding of different models of physician affiliation and employment.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.