How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Maintenance Mechanic at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Maintains building temperatures at prescribed levels by operating and utilizing central BMS.
- Checks, adjusts and balances air handler systems to insure proper flow and temperature
- Checks steam system for proper pressures and make the necessary repairs
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections on all heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, medical gas systems and associated equipment
- Repairs and/or replaces compressors, fans, pumps, evaporators and condensers
- Evacuates charge and adjusts charged air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Inspects and maintains pneumatic tube system and controls
- Maintains proper water treatment conditions for cooling towers, boilers and related equipment
- Inspects, checks elevator recall functions and maintains logs
- Performs all interior environment of care maintenance: changing of bulbs, ballasts, switches, outlets etc., plunging of toilets and sinks, nurse call repairs, repair holes in wall, painting, changing ceiling tiles, moving furniture.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- 3 to 5 years Maintenance experience within a Healthcare environment is highly preferred
- Must have Boiler Operator/Stationary Engineer, HVAC, Commercial Electrical , or Controls experience.
- Black Seal License or white seal required
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required
- Basic Computer skills for email and work order ticket systems
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including alternating weekends and holidays when needed
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.