Reporting to the Manager of Outcomes and Quality Improvement, the Quality Analyst is responsible for performing data collection, data input, data mining, data analysis, and summary and detail report writing utilizing tables, graphs and control charts as appropriate. Responsible for understanding and utilizing complex technology, formulas, and time saving techniques with a high degree of self-sufficiency. The Outcomes Analyst plays a crucial role in performance improvement initiatives and regulatory compliance.
- Data input, data collection and data analysis: All data input, data collection and data analyses as directed by the Site Outcomes manager are completed accurately and timely. Uses advanced tools to retrieve data and develop ongoing reports.
- Analyzing the data: Determine the most meaningful way to interpret, sort, format, and report the data. Applies proper advanced, complex statistical formulas. Prepares analytical summaries and detailed analyses to the Outcomes Manager and local/network administration as requested
- Data Validation: Verifies integrity of data ensuring accuracy; maintains confidentiality
- Benchmarking the data: Researches and obtains internal and external benchmarks for possible use as performance improvement targets. Conducts detailed analysis of publicly reported metrics (CMS Star Rating, Hospital Compare, Leapfrog, US News & World Report etc.) Benchmarks are up-to-date and used appropriately.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required
- A minimum of two years related experience in business, finance, statistics is required
- Must be proficient in MS Office
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Knowledge of EPIC
- Knowledge of Oracle BI
- Healthcare industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or analytics preferred; not required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.