Instructor -School of Radiology- Plainfield, NJ-F/T- Days
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
- Teaches didactic/clinical courses, as assigned by the Program Director(s), across the Radiography and Sonography modalities as required.
- Reports to assigned clinical education center and supervises all student activities while in attendance. Maintains rapport with supervising personnel at assigned clinical education center. Performs lab practicum and student evaluations, as required. .Evaluates students in the lab for competency preparation. Completes all required paperwork and submits said paperwork in a timely manner. Performs competency exams, as required Evaluates student competency levels using approved documentation methods prepared by the program. Submits all paperwork in a timely manner. Performs continuing competency exams on students, as required. Assigns, observes and records all levels of procedures performed for evaluation of maintained competency and submits all paperwork in a timely manner. Performs final competency exams on students as required by the modality, when asked to do so by the Program Director. In preparation for the students' graduation eligibility, performs evaluation of the terminal procedures published by the program. Completes all paperwork in a timely manner
Implements required curricula for assigned courses as per the Standards of the accrediting body.
- Prepare syllabi, lectures, quizzes, labs and examination for didactic and/or clinical courses as needed to fulfill program requirements and outcome measures. Updates course materials appropriately in a timely manner. Provides time for tutoring, remediation and/or review as needed. Posts hours of availability for student remediation, tutoring and review. Teach courses assigned in accordance with the semester schedule followed by the program, i.e., 6, 12, 14, 15 or 16 week calendar to secure credit approval. Counsels students appropriately regarding their course progress. Periodically reviews and makes recommendations as to textbook , AV equipment usage and other purchases to the Program Director. Maintains appropriate expertise and competencies through continual professional development
- Submits budgetary requests to the Program Director by July 31st each year concerning but not limited to any of these items: Textbooks, AV equipment, Laboratory equipment, Travel expenses, and Continuing Education Courses that directly affect the teaching of students in the program
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BS/BA Degree
- Minimum of 2 years full-time Clinical experience as a radiologic technologist or sonographer.
- General knowledge of professional equipment for the modality of the program of hire.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point software, general knowledge of recording and projection equipment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Masters preferred for all programs.
- Prior teaching experience in an accredited school in the modality of hire is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certification in a related modality.
- NJ Professional License if required for the modality.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred: 1. Radiography Program: CT-MR Registered.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.