How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A Hospitality Aide is apart of a multidisciplinary team to support patient-centered nursing and rehabilitation services to patients. Provides the highest level of service and support to all patient's, families, and visitors to ensure satisfaction.
A day in the life of a Hospitality Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health's Nursing and Rehab facilities include:
• Performs varied tasks to maintain orderly, sanitary and attractive environment of care with the facility. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, making beds, passing water and food trays, maintaining clean and clutter-free room.
• Answers call lights promptly and courteously.
• Assists with Recreation programs. Transports patients within facility and assists with the activities, when needed.
• Assists Nursing Department by providing feeding assistance to patients, after training and as assigned.
• Identifies and reports all real or potential problems and hazards directly to designated supervisor.
• Participates on committees, as requested by supervisors.
• Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, staff sessions, and training, as assigned.
• Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Serve as role model to other Team Members
• Ability to assist other team Members, as needed.
• Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
• Commitment to take a CNA course
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Long-term care and rehabilitation facility experience
• Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.