Unit Assistant - Telemetry - Per Diem - Evenings
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a unit assistant at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Responsible for efficient communication, receptionist role and customer service activities related to clerical aspect of the nursing unit.
- Assists RN, interdisciplinary team members and physicians by getting their charts, obtaining data, information or provide assistance as requested during shift.
- Responsible for efficient notifications and processes required for patient placement through-put, transfers and discharges.
- Uses organizational skills to prepare, compile, and maintain accurate and complete charts.
- Operates Omnicell and computer system efficiently for order entries, inquiries and charges.
- Maintains a safe environment of care that promotes patient and personal well-being.
- High school graduate or equivalency
- Successful completion of unit assistant course and/or training program, including medical terminology and computer skills.
- Previous clerical experience and medical terminology preferred
- Computer skills and exposure to health care setting preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.