Shuttle Driver Handler
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Shuttle Driver Handler provides proper movement of mail, supplies and equipment as required by scheduled and unscheduled demands between the Old Bridge Division and the Perth Amboy Division.
A day in the life of a Shuttle Driver Handler at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsible for the timely pick up of all mail, supplies and equipment from the Perth Amboy Division to the Old Bridge Division & transporting same from Old Bridge Division to Perth Amboy Division.
- Picks up payroll checks to the Old Bridge Division.
- Delivers mail from the Old Bridge Division to the Mail Room/Perth Amboy Division on every run.
- Responsible for the delivery of all STAT items for the Old Bridge Division last run the delivery of all Shuttle items from the Old Bridge Division to the Perth Amboy Division on last run Monday thru Friday.
- Responsible for all requests by departments for the delivery of emergency supplies and equipment for the Old Bridge Division and the Perth Amboy Division. Maintains a log sheet.
- Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of all Lab boxes between Perth Amboy Division and Old Bridge Division on every run Monday thru Friday. Responsible to transport any employees between Divisions on the pre-set schedule. Maintains log sheet of all such employees.
- Responsible for pick up of Medical Records from the Perth Amboy Division to the Old Bridge Division Monday thru Friday by scheduled or unscheduled demands, and the PAD afternoon Medical Record exchange.
- Responsible for the timely pick up of specimens from Dr. Samra’s office to the Perth Division at a specified time, Monday thru Friday.
- Responsible for maintaining and adhering to all Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations and the proper handling of the Medical Center vehicles.
- Responsible for maintaining a valid New Jersey driver license.
- Responsible for performing a pre-departure check on the vehicles at the beginning of each trip and a vehicle condition report daily, reporting any vehicle related problems to Supervisor. Makes sure vans are cleaned & fuel levels are maintained at half or above half levels at all times.
- High school or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of one year driving experience, valid New Jersey Driver License required.
- Lifts, carries and handles medium weight supplies, materials, equipment; drives all day; loads and unloads vans.
- Exposed to inclement weather.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.