Secretary- School of Nursing- Perth Amboy -F/T
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Secretary performs a wide range of secretarial duties and coordinates office procedures in support of the Nursing Education Program at Middlesex College.
- Utilizes good communication skills at all times. Answers telephones in a professional manner and responds to inquiries via telephone or email. Routes all telephone calls and visitors to appropriate faculty members.
- Communicates with Program Coordinator and faculty daily. Complete a variety of typing such as letters, reports, minutes, and course quizzes. Proofreads all information, revising and correcting as necessary, to ensure accuracy prior to submission or distribution.
- Assists present and prospective students with answering inquiries and questions regarding the nursing program.
- Attends new student orientation. Maintains all graduated and current student files. This includes maintaining active students' electronic medical clearance documentation. Communicates with active students by electronic communication and/or in person, to ensure completion of all requirements within scheduled due dates. Immediately notifies Program Coordinator and/or Program Director of student's non-compliance with medical clearance documentation. 5. Maintains appropriate departmental and student records in accordance with accreditation standards and to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information Assists in compiling and maintaining documents using electronic platforms.
- Opens, reviews, and routes incoming mail to appropriate department staff twice daily.
- Coordinates departmental outgoing mail.
- Works with Middlesex College departments, HMH departments and outside vendors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the Nursing Education Department's needs. 8.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards and stays focused under pressure. 9. Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 10. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- At least one or more years of secretarial experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word or applicable software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.