How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
***This is a Per Diem, day shift role, that will include weekend and holiday shifts.
- To accurately register inpatient admissions, emergency department visits, private referred patients, upgrade accounts, obtain insurance cards, obtain identification cards, obtain signed consent forms, verify insurance benefits as well as all other aspects of the patient registration process.
- Responsible for the processing of paperwork such as upgrading charts, IM's and delivery of observation packets.
- Must request and collect co-payments/deductibles at the time of registration.
- Maintain and monitor bed board while working & communicating with nursing units.
- Maintain expiration log.
- All other tasks associated with the Patient Access Department as assigned by Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience required in a similar service oriented industry.
- 1-2 years related work experience: medical insurance coverage, medical terminology and basic computer skills.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.