Plant Operations Specialist - Full Time - Day
Under general supervision, operates, maintains and masters three of the following trades throughout the Medical Center¿s facilities: electrical, structural, mechanical, plumbing/pipe fitting, locksmith and HVAC. Is a team leader, supervising mechanics when assigned.
- Install, repair, replace, troubleshoot electrical circuits in three phase 208/480 volt starters and motors as assigned.
- Install, repair, replace, troubleshoot electric circuits in 115 volt receptacles as assigned.
- Install, repair, replace, troubleshoot circuits, ballasts, switches in lighting systems as assigned.
- Installation of new electrical service including breaker panels, starters and disconnects as assigned.
- Replacement of breakers from 15 amp to 400 amp, 115V - 480V as assigned.
- Install conduit - sizes from 1/2" to 2", including layout, bends, coupling, clamps and leveling as assigned.
- Install electrical wiring sizes #14 to #1, by the proper method of wire pulling through conduits of all sizes as assigned.
- Isolate defects in relays, control circuits, and other electrical equipment using the proper testing instruments.
- Perform clean and safe electrical practices while completing duties.
- Perform all work according to the National Electrical Code. Structural
- Install, repair, level and do layout of 2" x 2" and 2" x 4" drop ceiling.
- Install partition steel studding for building framing.
- Install door buck framing, door buck and door.
- Install sheet rock sizes 3/8" to 5/8".
- Construct Formica cabinets/counters through sketches and field instructions.
- Install constructed Formica cabinets and counters.
- Spackle and plaster sheet rock walls.
- Install/repair floor tiles and cove base.
- Remove/demolish existing building structure for renovation/alterations.
- Complete minor masonry repairs.
- Safely operate all hand and power tools.
- Performs work according to blueprints and diagram specifications
- Has clean and safe work habits while performing all duties.
- Install/replace/inspect bearings on shafts, motors, pumps and blowers.
- Install/replace, inspect seals on blowers, motors and pumps.
- Align and install couplings through the use of calibers indicator on pumps and motors.
- Splices and installs belts on Chives and related equipment.
- Trouble-shoots motors, pumps and compressor malfunctions.
- Perform scheduled, effective preventive maintenance on equipment throughout the Medical Center.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Machine Room air handlers, exhaust equipment through: a. Pre-filter changing b. Bag filter changing c. Outside A/H louvers operation d. Pipe insulation e. Greasing f. Heat wheel operation
- Maintain cleanliness of inside air handler. Paint when needed.
- Maintain proper records of all repairs on all equipment responsibilities.
- Must use clean, neat and safe work habits while completing duties. Plumbing/Pipe Fitting
- Replace and repair steam piping, sizes 1/2" to 3".
- Repair/trouble-shoot faulty steam regulators and traps.
- Fits and threads up to and including 3" Schedule 80 pipe through hand and electrical threaders.
- Welds iron pipe.
- Sweats or brazes copper pipe, sizes 1/4" to 4".
- Replace/repair sinks, toilets, water lines, drains and faucets.
- Unclog sewerage lines with use of power equipment.
- Isolate water and steam lines for necessary repairs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pre-heat coils, reheat coils, spray humidifiers, chilled water coil and loops.
- Perform work according to blueprints and diagram specifications.
- Perform all work according to the National Plumbing Code.
- Uses clean, neat and safe work habits while performing all tasks. HVAC/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Demonstrate working knowledge of HVAC units and refrigerant changes on 1 to 20 ton units including window units.
- Demonstrate knowledge of refrigeration capillaries and expansion type units as well as the proper refrigerant charge needed.
- Install central refrigeration systems.
- Install central air conditioning systems.
- Trouble-shoot, calibrate, repair and install pneumatic controls throughout the Medical Center.
- Must use neat, clean and safe work habits while completing assignments. Area Maintenance Program
- General maintenance requirements
- Bed repairs
- Patient call repairs
- Comfort care preventive maintenance inspections
- Maintain proper corridor light and emergency exit sign lighting
- Maintain proper ceiling tile appearance and cleanliness
- Must respond quickly to requests
- Maintain assigned floor with minimum supervision
- Area maintenance preventive maintenance schedule completed on time and in a satisfactory manner
- Complete visual inspections of entire assigned area and repair where and when necessary
- Complete proper record keeping on a daily work sheet Other Duties
- Must observe safety standards of the Hospital and regulatory agencies. Includes use of safety protective equipment, glasses and clothing.
- Performs snow removal duties.
- Provides competent assessment, treatment and/or care to patients appropriate for the individualized and developmental needs for the ages of those patients served.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school/trade school or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) year trades, electrical, structural, mechanical, plumbing/pipe fitting.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.