The Advanced Practice Nurse II performs the role utilizing the patient-centered coordinated care model demonstrated through the following competencies: leadership, direct clinical practice, consultation/collaboration, coaching/guiding, research, and ethical decision making.
- Elicit a detailed and accurate history, perform an appropriate physical examination, identify problems, record and interpret information. Present this information to the supervising physician.
- Participate in house staff rounds with the supervising physician including, but not limited to recording progress notes, determining and implementing therapeutic plans.
- Perform clinically appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as delegated by the supervising physician and in accordance with the privileges set forth by the Medical Staff Office.
- Provide patient counseling and education
- Coordinate referrals to other health care providers.
- Function as a resource to health care personnel and participate in their educational programs.
- Maintain current certifications in Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (BLS/ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), any other certifications required by the attending physician or Medical Staff Office.
- Maintain current NJ State Physician Assistant certification, including attending a minimum of 100 hours of continuing education (at least 50 hrs. Category I) every two years.
- Prescribe controlled dangerous substances only with current state CDS license and DEA number and in accordance with standard protocols/direction provided by the supervising physician.Exhibit organizational, communication and leadership skills, initiative, accountability, responsibility, appropriate judgment, and decision making
- Function as a first and/or second assistant during surgical cases at the discretion of the supervising physician.The physician assistant shall perform all procedures under the supervision of his/her supervising physician, in accordance with the Medical Staff Office guidelines.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: Licenses and Certifications Required: Licenses and Certifications Preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
If you're interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this from and I will get back in touch with you.