Patient Care Technician - ICU - F/T with Benefits Evening
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Patient Care Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Provide patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service
- Provide for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment, and critical actions
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status and rendered care
- Take self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities
- Participate in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patients’ plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
- Participate in Unit/Department Performance Improvement [PI] activities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- HMH PCT Apprenticeship Program
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification (must be obtained by completion of onboarding)
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- Experienced or certified in phlebotomy and checking EKG, vital signs and blood sugar preferred
- At least one (1) year PCT or CNA experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred or eligible for the HMH PCT apprentice program.
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant or Patient Care Technician who has successfully completed a PCT program which includes Phlebotomy, EKG and nursing assistant course both in the theoretical and clinical setting.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.