OR Data Analyst
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The OR Data Analyst is responsible for overseeing internal OR initiatives like monitoring and oversight of staffing benchmarks, block scheduling, OR utilization, timely processing of OR patient billing, maintaining OR activity statistics at Raritan Bay Medical Center (RBMC) within the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network.
- Maintain charging procedures to assure compliance and maximizing revenue.
- Resolve unposted log and work questions
- Complete all EPIC assignments and all other assigned duties and/or projects in a timely fashion
- Assist with coordination / maintenance of preference cards as related to cost per case
- Develop and correlate blocked booking statistics
- Track, analyze and report on relevant and selective data and metrics as needed and/or requested
- Participate in the facilitation of process improvement as appropriate
- Analyze and provide focused areas for improvement to support improved throughput
- Report trends in data which reflect system issues and present those results to Perioperative Leaders and Physicians.
- Support development and provide surgeon and procedure level supply cost per case data in collaboration with supply chain.
- Evaluate feasibility, cost, and priority of physician and personnel requests regarding equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Work with various third-party Perioperative Service providers in aligning business processes.
- In conjunction with Site leaders, and Corporate Surgical Services Value Analysis, Introduce and evaluate new supplies and equipment.
- Associate’s level or equivalent degree required
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a surgical service
- Demonstrated ability to collect pertinent equipment related data in support of principles of finance (Return on Investment) and risk to support successful evaluation of new technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with personal computer-based applications including but not limited to spreadsheets, word processing, and data base systems
- Previous business surgical experience (i.e. budgets, operational, materials, etc.) preferred
- Prior Epic experience preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.