Nursing Staffing Coord
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This position is responsible for the management and support of a centralized nurse-staffing department for the Perth Amboy and Old Bridge Divisions.
Will be involved in the staffing of RN, Sitter & PCA float staff for patient care areas on all shifts.
He/She is responsible for coordinating, maintaining aspects of the department that ensure continued program efficiency and will increase quality and service in measurable terms for all components of the service.
- Coordinate staffing plans with Administrative Coordinator monthly, weekly, daily collaboratively with nurse managers and team members across both sites
- Meet with Nursing Leaders routinely to adjust staffing plans, staffing vacancies, open positions for RN’s, Sitters, PCA’s and UA’s based on goals set forth by centralized staffing administrative coordinator
- Prepare daily staffing in absence of admin coordinator, place calls to reassign or replace time for sick calls
- Create and maintain competency files for float pool; coordinated performance reviews, assure float pool requirements are being met by developing a monitoring process
- Coordinate with professional development teams to assist in the facilitation of cross campus orientation process for team members
- Serve as an admin to work with nurse staffing agencies – coordinate onboarding of agency staff
- Run staffing reports as assigned by the nursing leaders
- Prepare monthly reports as needed
- Work autonomously within the scope of the job responsibilities and guidelines
- Current RN license in the state of New Jersey
- BSN preferred
- Previous administrative/staffing experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in EXCEL, Word, Power Point
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have excellent communication skills
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.