Mgr, Sterile Processing ( Full- Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the 24 hour operation of the Sterile Processing Department (SPD). Exhibits efficiency, flexibility and creativity to manage resources to changing patient, unit and heath care needs. Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration to impact positive patient outcomes. Supports patient safety initiatives and participates in leadership committees. Supports SPD staff with continuing education.
A Day in the life of a Sterile Processing Manager at Hackensack Meridiian includes:
1. Manages all aspects of Sterile Processing department including sterilization or decontamination of equipment and ensures that this complies with all regulatory agencies.
2. Schedules staff to ensure sterile equipment is available when needed and based on department needs.
3. Responsible for hiring, transfers, promotions, discipline or termination of SPD staff. Answers any questions that arise from the staff.
4. Performs the evaluation process on staff members. Provides feedback to staff on a continual basis.
5. Deals with nursing units and ancillary departments to identify and solve issues.
6. Works with appropriate staff to ensure equipment is properly maintained.
7. Ensure policies are current and all documentation is stored as required.
8. Conducts meetings, schedules and attends both in house and outside in-services to keep up with current trends in the health care field and maintain their certification.
9. Assists with the departmental budget and equipment evaluation.
10. Regularly attends management meetings, and volunteers to serve on committees.
11. Assures that all SPD staff are licensed and certified according to SDHO/IAHCSMM/CBSPD and OSHA standards.
12. Performs all duties necessary to provide SPD customers and staff with what is needed to perform their jobs to provide the care needed for our patients.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned
14. Attends and demonstrates compliance with required programs for Fire/Life Safety and Electrical Safety; Corporate Compliance; COBRA/EMTALA; Standard and Transmission Precautions; OSHA/HCS/TB and Bloodborne Pathogens; Emergency Preparedness, Advance Directives and other department specific programs as documented on the Position Competency Record (departmental Red Book).
15. Demonstrates compliance with all elements of RBMC Corporate Compliance Program and Confidentiality Agreement.
16. RBMC Corporate Compliance Program by:
17. Ensuring through documented records that all employees (including self) receive general and (if applicable) department specific training upon hire and annually, as required.
18. Promoting, encouraging and fostering an environment in which all employees and affiliated personnel comply with all laws, business practices and ethical standards as documented by departmental meeting minutes and other relevant materials. Complying with the RBMC Code of Conduct and consistently practicing reasonable diligence necessary to detect potential non-compliance with applicable policies and legal requirements within scope of responsibility.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
1. High School Diploma
2. Six Years or more in Healthcare Sterile Processing or Related Field and at least two years in supervisory capacity.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
1. Associates degree or higher preferred..
2. Certified Central Service Manager under IAHCSMM or CBSPD.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.