Linen Cart Attendant
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
Receives, weighs and unloads linen. Prepares linen carts for nursing units and departments according to par level assignment sheets.
- Responsible for receiving linen from the laundry in an orderly manner.
- Weighs linen hampers and records correct weight in the proper manner.
- Unloads linen onto shelves using established procedures
- Fills carts with linen according to established par levels
- Prepares disposable surgical pack carts for surgical units at both divisions.
- Receives, unpacks and stores disposable surgical pack products, adult diapers and disposable pads.
- Responsible for other departmental tasks as assigned.
- Sorts scrubs into proper sets.
- Provides direct replenishment of disposable products to
- Labor & Delivery and IV Therapy units.
- Sorts and stacks linen by type and category.
- Performs the following specific tasks and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Cleans carts and storage shelves and maintains a clean linen environment.
- Ensures all linen carts are properly covered and covers are in good condition before placing replenished cart in appropriate area for transportation.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Previous Environmental Service or Housekeeping experience preferred but willing to train.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required.
- Must be able to lift, bend and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible with working various days including alternating weekends and holidays.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.