How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A day in the life of a HVAC Mechanic at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment
- Reading, interpreting and working from blue prints, diagrams, and sketches
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair to all equipment in the Dietary Department
- All interior (night lights, floods, fluorescent, exit, etc.) will require changing of bulbs, ballasts, starters, etc., as needed
- Responsible for repairs and PM’s to patient room equipment; for maintaining and PM’s to plumbing systems (toilets, sinks, dispensers, drains, etc.); medical gas systems (oxygen, vacuums, air, etc.); environmental appearance of the facility (walls, ceilings, door frames, floors, etc.); equipment used in nurse station type setting (phones, refrigerators, chairs, etc.)
- Responsible for all components of the facility but not limited to hallways, stairwells, patient rooms, nurse stations, offices, exam rooms, equipment throughout etc., and all other related duties
- Reports unsafe conditions
- Assists willingly with moving furniture, boxes, and heavy objects
- Assists in maintaining and taking inventory of supplies and stock as needed to ensure your daily operation
- Responds to all emergency codes
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Two (2) years general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction, equipment installation and/or repair work is required
- Must have a current valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to be on-call and/or work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have NJ - CFC license
- Must have completed refrigeration training - certificate of completion
- Electrical and/or Plumbing certifcations desirable.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.